2008/02/28

my first entry on my first book

=Who are the main characters in this novel? Do you like them? Why or why not? What is special about them? What do they reveal about the universal human experience?

I, Jeehoon (Jihun) Jun in 9th grade, am reading a novel called "Animal Farm" beautifully written by George Orwell. There isn't really a "main character" in this novel because tens of animals are in this novel. There are the three dogs, the pigs, the hens, the pigeons, two cart-horses, the white goat, the donkey, a brood of ducklings, a white mare, and the raven. There are so many characters because it is a novel about all these animals standing up against the humans and creating their own society. I like all of these characters. I like the way George Orwell described these characters so throughly that I can almost see them. It makes me to enjoy reading the story by letting me guess what is going to happen next based on the characters' behaviors. It is very funny that the animals in this novel sound so formal and smart, like the humans. I think the animals here each represent a politicians in the human society. They each have different traits, sometimes work together, and sometimes stand up against each other, like the human politicians.

No comments: