2008/04/01

the third post on my second novel

What is the major theme of this novel? Why is this theme important to a teenager living in 2008?


The major theme of this novel, I think, is envy. Even though Ray Bradgury does not exactly state the reason why reading books is prohibited in this society, I can guess from the context that the use of electrical sources like TV and envy against the ones who read more than themselves have made the society to go against 'the intelligent ones."
The main job of the firemen are to burn the books so that the society will start ignoring the knowledge and being special, resulting in equality among people.
This theme is important to a teenager living in 2008. The teenagers these days tend to ignore being wise and gaining knowledge just because pretending to not care looks cool. I am also one of these teenagers living in 2008 - but, after reading this book, I have many thoughts going on in my mind. I have thought a lot about the world without books and came to a conclusion that it must be terrible.

No comments: