2008/04/01

my second post on my second novel

What is the mood of this novel? Do you find this novel saddens you in any way? Why?

The mood of this novel is very serious and hard. But, it is very interesting. It is very serious and hard because it is about the world where no books or reading are allowed. This novel clearly shows what would happen if there were almost - or absolutely no source of 'intelligence' of some sort. It sure is a great example of a novel about dystopia.
To be honest, it was pretty tough to read about this mentally blinded people who thinks that the world they're living in now is the best and the happiest world. Sure, it must be nice to have absolutely no trouble at all under the firemen's control, but I am certain that it is boring to live in such a world.
This novel saddens me in some ways. It is very depressing to think about the world without any person who lives a real world with books and knowledge. In this novel, everyone except some wise characters seemed like robots.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi:)
It's true that in our perspective, if we get to live in the society of F451, it's going to be full of bordom. However, I think if I'm not "wise" in that society, I will enjoy my life=p
Anyways, nice job!

DK Dong Keun Hong said...

Hey JUN~~!!!
in farenheit 451 People actually liked their life becuase they think they have enough freedoms.
anyway i slightly disagree with you on the part where you said it is serious to have no books!
because i thought that was funny and ridiculous.
however GOODJOB

June said...

Well...

The world that book doesn't exist...

But, that doesn't mean there is no source where people can gain knowledge...

Maybe they have their own way to gain a knowledge...

Anyway, I'm going to read this book...
The world that book doesn't exist... Sounds nice!!!

MinSuk Nohhh said...

wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww
heyy
well F451 must have been hard for you. It must be fun living in that place becuase you don't need to read and stuff. I like the part where you said " everyone except some wise characters seeed like robots." goooodgoooodgooood